That means we only have 13 weeks left!
Should I start freaking out now?
I haven’t felt much different. Okay. I gained some weight and do feel bigger. AND I was able to balance a small bowl of cereals on my tummy yesterday! It was cool (lol).
I didn’t get a called from my OB last week, so no news is good news, meaning my glucose test must have come out just fine :).
I have noticed that the baby is moving a lot more now, since yesterday. Which is definitely a good sign.
So let’s get to the bottom of this post and see what 27 weeks means for my little one.
This information has been provided by Baby Center
- Your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of
cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She’s sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers.
- With more brain tissue developing, your baby’s brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now.
- Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don’t bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.(Hey! I guess this is what I’ve been feeling since yesterday!)
- Eye: Your baby can now open and close his eyes, and he sleeps and wakes at regular intervals.
- Mouth: Your baby may suck his fingers. You may also feel him getting the hiccups now and then.
- Uterus: As your uterus grows, it puts pressure on the blood vessels that return blood from your legs. As a result, your leg muscles might cramp up now and then.
And now I leave you with my belly pictures for this week. I’m not big. I’m not small. I’m the right size for my little one.