We have 8 weeks to go. Mark has been making sure to keep track of the weeks. He is going to be a great dad :). My little one moves and moves and we went to the OB this Friday, the baby is facing down. We are just hoping it will stay that way (lol).
This information has been provided by Baby Center
- By now, your baby weighs 3 3/4 pounds (about the size of a large
jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus.
- You’re gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she’ll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb.
- She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
- Hair: Some babies have a full head of hair by this point; others have only peach fuzz.
- Toenail: Your baby’s fingernails and toenails have now grown in.
- Uterus: With your uterus pushing up near your diaphragm and putting pressure on your abdomen, you may be dealing with heartburn more often or feeling a little short of breath.
And now, my weekly picture: I’m not big nor small. I am just the right size for my little one.