Can you guys believe it!? We are this far along already. Now it seems like if it was jus yesterday that we found out we were expecting and look at us now. 🙂
My OB visit last week was the one that included the GBS test and for those who have been there before, you know just how fun that is… Aside from that, my doctor told me I was 50% effaced already and that Noah is around 6 pounds.
As this is my first child, effacement may not mean much because some women are 100% effaced and they still have to wait for anything to happen, but at least I can see it as Noah getting closer to making his first appearance.
I know his due date is 7/20 but I kind of want him out sooner. Yes, in the end it will be when he is ready to come out, but part of me feels it will be soon. Or maybe it is the part of me that is just done with the pregnancy part of it all. I sort of wanted to move on to the next step, which of course is the hardest!
Enough chatting. Let’s see his progress for this week 🙂
This information has been provided by Baby Center
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches,head to heel (about the size of a bunch of Swiss chard).
- Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don’t be surprised if your baby’s hair isn’t the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.
- Hair: Your baby may have a full head of hair by now, with locks up to 1 1/2 inches long. Of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz at birth.
- Skin: Your baby is shedding most of her downy body hair as well as some of the vernix caseosa, the creamy substance that protects her skin
- Uterus: You may be having more Braxton Hicks contractions now, and they may last longer and be more uncomfortable.
- Vagina: You might notice an increase in mucus discharge from your vagina. If you see some “bloody show” (mucus tinged with a tiny bit of blood), labor is probably right around the corner.
It seems the fun part is about to start soon. But for now, a tummy update :).